10+ ways to build your self-care routine
The new year is approaching and it’s the perfect opportunity to reflect on what went well, what could have been better, and what you’ve learned.
I know the pandemic threw you for a loop and I hope this new year, allows you to reset.
It’s okay if you lost track of your “normal” self-care routine. Now is the best time to start fresh and create new healthy mind-body habits for 2022!
Keep reading for my 10+ ways to build your new routine.
I’ve heard from many of you that you were so scared, anxious, and stressed. Like many, you found comfort and control by using food, alcohol, and or online shopping. Sadly, we all were going through some major crap in our lives and we lost touch with who we were and how we functioned in society.
My client Sarah struggled with panic attacks because of her loneliness and social isolation. Her mind raced with thoughts of fear and death so she began using wine and chocolate to numb out her emotions at night.
Sarah fell so far into depression that when she came to me for coaching, she did not realize how much she changed in 2 years. She did not like looking at herself in the mirror as she “let herself go”, and suffered from such anxiety about having to go back out into the world.
“I struggled over the past 2 years and the pandemic was the perfect “pause” to reflect and reset my life. “
Are you ready to let go of the living in survival mode and shift back into feeling alive and thriving again?
To help you get started with a fresh perspective in creating new habits for 2022, here are 10+ ways to build your self-care routine.
Aim to include these in your week, and do not feel pressured to do them all every day. (Think: ease, peace, and fun to create and stick to habits for life).
- Get a good night’s sleep, set up a wind-down routine to ensure that your mind & body are ready to sleep
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Eat healthy food that you enjoy, including fruits and vegetables
- Practice deep breathing to reduce stress levels and improve your mood
- Make time to do things you love, whether that be reading or going on walks with friends
- Spend time outside in nature for at least 30 minutes each day
- Engage in some form of physical activity every day – take a walk, do yoga, go to the gym, or press play on your favorite on-demand workout program
- Practice mental healthcare through meditation and mindfulness practices like journaling, or work with a Coach like Denise
- Set boundaries with people who take advantage of you
- Reward yourself for accomplishing your goals
Here are 10 more habits to include in your self-care routine
- Spend time with friends and family that do not drain you
- Get organized in one area of your life (e-mail inbox, closet)
- Create a routine to help you feel more productive, build self-accountability and confidence in yourself (exercise at the same time every day)
- Gently pamper yourself with a bath, massage, pedicure, or use scented candles + calming music to create a relaxing environment
- Be mindful about what you say to yourself and others – be kinder than necessary
- Take a few minutes for yourself every day to just sit, breathe and be in the moment.
- Set aside time to do things you enjoy outside your comfort zone.
- Make sure your home is clean and organized – this will help to keep you feeling good about the environment around you
- Keep up with self-care by taking care of any nagging health problems that might be bothering you
- Create a plan for how to deal with difficult feelings or thoughts that are getting in the way of living well
If you found this useful, I would love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
A happy ending
I’m happy to report that Sarah is doing much better now. She’s been working with me for 6 months and is back feeling like herself again; she’s even said, “I feel like a new woman!”
Her mental and emotional self-care routine has been established and she counts on herself now to stay on track. And she’s not drinking as much anymore! Getting help from me was what she needed to feel normal again.
It makes sense because when you’re going through a difficult time, sometimes the best thing you can do is talk with someone who understands how you feel and who has gone through a similar experience.
You’re not alone. Many people are feeling this way, and it can be hard to know what to do about it. You may have tried different things that didn’t work or maybe even gave up on trying anything at all.
There is a better way!
There are ways for you to discover who you truly are and what you want from your life. It’s true! You will come to enjoy that positive feeling of fulfillment and vitality. And the best part of all is that I will help guide you every step of the way so that nothing gets in your way along the journey.
It doesn’t matter if this has been going on for months, years, or even decades – I can help!
I offer Transformational Coaching experiences uniquely created for you, based on your individual needs and desires so you finally get clarity around what you want. You learn how to overcome any obstacle standing between you and your goals, dreams, and desires.
This Transformational Coaching experience includes an initial discovery session where we learn more about each other as well as a follow-up session designed specifically with YOU in mind.
“We create a plan together based on YOUR unique situation, personality type, values & preferences, time, and budget.”
No two clients will have the same experience but everyone leaves with new insights into themselves which leads them towards living a happier & healthier life filled with purpose.
Set up a time to chat to learn how we can work together to help you make changes moving into 2022.
With your health & happiness in mind,