5 ways to nourish yourself….inside & out
5 Ways to nourish yourself….inside & out
I love sharing some out-of-the-box ways to think about nourishing your body, mind, and spirit…inside & out!
But wait, why am I even using the word “nourishment” if I’m not talking about food?
That’s a great question!
The reason I am using the word nourishment outside of its regular foodie context is that we often find ourselves so over-focused on food that we forget about all the other simple and wonderful ways to nourish ourselves.
Eating is just one way to nourish yourself on the inside, read on for ways to help the outside of you too!
What does it mean to nourish myself without food?
We taking a walk in a forest with our dog is calming and rejuvenating.
Lying on your bed listening to your favorite song while feeling the breeze kissing your face is soothing and relaxing.
That feeling of the grass tickle your feet as you watch the clouds drift by is as good as meditation!
Or the cool breeze off the water as the sun’s rays warm your skin xo
We actually “eat” all day with our senses… we “consume” our environment through touch, feel, taste, sound and sight.
Here are 5 ways to nourish your senses, starting today…
● Relationships: Seek out and nurture relationships with friends and lovers that make you feel
good about yourself and say goodbye to the ones that drain your energy.
● Environment: Remember that your environment affects your mood and energy. So if you are stuck in an office all day staring at a wall, it’s time to kick off your shoes and walk/run through a park so you can feel sunshine on your back and breeze on your skin.
● Connections: We spend so much of our time alone at our computers or behind high walls and yet it’s so important for our spirits to make connections with others. So join a club or an online group to nourish your sense of love & belonging.
● Sleep: There is no way around it—there is just nothing quite like sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire system to better functioning.
● Movement: Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited and keeps the oxygen circulating through your system, so you can feel refreshed and alive.
In my transformational coaching practice, I help my clients realize that there is more to life than food!
I call the most important parts of our lives “THE BIG 5”—these need as much love and attention as eating!
If you are tired of feeling like your life is lacking excitement and meaning and you want to find a way to feel nourished in all areas of your life, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me today so I can help you feel more energized and alive than ever before!